The Hamilton Museum of Steam & Technology, also known as the “Steam Museum”, is located on the site of the 1859 Hamilton Waterworks complex. This National Historic Site is recognized as a civil and power engineering landmark. Today the museum preserves two massive steam-powered beam engines, which pumped water in Hamilton from 1859 to 1910, as well as a collection of artifacts relating Hamilton’s industrial past. The museum interprets Hamilton’s relationship with water, steam power, and industrialisation.
– Rental of the site for an outdoor wedding ceremony
– Indoor rain backup in the woodshed
– Licensed Minister provided.
– Coordinator for your wedding ceremony.
– Decorated archway focal point and signing table.
– Coordinator to customize and assist with your ceremony details. (Religious or Civil)
– A printed booklet of the ceremony as a keepsake for the Bride and Groom.
– Music from our portable stereo.
– Two-hour photography permit for the Castle grounds.
– Completion of the marriage license and registry by our office staff.
*There will be a surcharge for weddings taking place after 5:00 pm.
*The woodshed wedding reception luncheon or dinner for up to 70 people.
A non-refundable deposit of $350.00 is required to book The Steam Museum Package. The deposit can be used for up to two years if you need to postpone prior to one month from your wedding date. All payments made after the deposit are fifty percent refundable. Balances must be paid FOUR WEEKS from the wedding date and are non- refundable.
HST will be added to all fees.
Prices may change without notice.